Thursday, December 10, 2009

Palappam Recipe

This Recipe I learnt from my neighbour here. She is a keralite and make lovely palappam... I tried at my home.. It really came out well.

Ingredients:

White Rice - 1 cup
Yeast - 1 tsp
Sugar - 2 tsp
Cooked Rice - 1 tbsp
Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tsp

Method:

1. Soak the white rice for 4-6 hours and grind it to a batter like dosa batter.
2. Pour water to the yeast and mix well.
3. Add the yeast liquid to the batter.
4. Add sugar also. Mix well. Keep the batter aside overnight. Let it ferment well.
5. Add coconut milk and salt before preparing Palappam to make the batter consistency less thinner than the dosa batter.
6. Now the batter is ready to make palappams.
7. In a appam wok, pour the batter, and roll out so the batter makes a bowl like shape.
8. Cover it with a lid for few mins.
9. Serve hot with kadalai curry(chick peas curry) or with some kurma.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Me...!

My Headlines

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Baby is 4

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers