Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Anjarai Petti Kuzhambu


I havent heard of this name before my marriage. This kuzhambu is all time favourite for my mother-in-law, I should say, and its been now for me too. I was wondering why this name came to this recipe???? Then she told me, all ingredients used in this kuzhambu, which are there in that Anjarai petti(Spices Box)... This Kuzhambu can be prepared within 10 minutes, if all the ground powders kept ready. U can make powders and keep it in fresh airtight containers. Speciality of this kuzhambu is, no need of tempering or tadka, u can simply make without it and no need of any vegetables also. If u want, u can add small onions, as per ur wish. This Kuzhambu tastes yummy on the second day...( keep it inside fridge, as we have used all dhals in it).
This recipe, I learnt it from my Mother-in-laws's mother... I simply love it... Here is the recipe:



Ingredients:

Pepper - 1tsp
Jeera - 1tsp
Fenugreek - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Toor Dhal - 1tsp
Urad dhal - 1tsp
Coriander Seeds - 1tsp
Red Chillies - 5-8
Asafoetida - a pinch
Tamarind - 1 lemon sized
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 strip
Oil - 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste

Method:
1. Dry roast the mustard seeds and the fenugreek, and crush it in a crusher or in a mixer.
2. Dry roast other ingredients, like toor dhal, urad dhal, coriander seeds, red chillies, channa dhal, pepper, jeera or cumin seeds, asafoetida(solid one- a small piece) or u can use powdered asafoetida also separately in another pan, one by one and grind it in a mixer and keep it separately.
3. Now, squeeze out the tamarind and make tamarind water and keep it separately.
4. In a kadai or a pan, heat oil, if u add gingely oil, taste will be great. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, tamarind water, salt, turmeric powder. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
5. Then add the ground powders, mix it well. Let it cook till the kuzhambu gets somewhat thick.
6. Serve hot with rice.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Me...!

My Headlines

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Baby is 4

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers