Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Carrot Rice

This recipe I learnt from my Mother-in-law, as she makes this recipe for my Brother-in-law for his lunch box frequntly. From that, I also started making this recipe for my husband, and now its a favourite dish for me. It is very easy to make it very quickly.

Ingredients:

Cooked Rice - 1 cup
Butter/Ghee - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - small piece
Clove - 2
Cardamom - 1
Onions - 2 medium
Grated carrot - 1 cup
Green chillies - 1
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Method:
1. In a pan, melt the butter or heat the ghee, add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, onions that are chopped lengthwise. Saute for a minute.
2. Add Grated carrot, garam masala powder, salt. Mix well.
3. Close the lid for sometime to cook the carrots.
4. Spread the cooked rice and add this mixture to the rice. Add ghee and salt to the rice. Mix gently. So that rice should not be mashed.
5. Carrot Rice is ready to serve.

*Note: 1. Can make this recipe with adding mustard seeds, urad dal..etc. like a curry and then mix it with rice.
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Me...!

My Headlines

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Baby is 4

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers