Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Protein Salad

Generally, Salads are very easy to make, very low in calories, rich in Proteins, easily digestable, used to reduce our body weights.... Now, winter is approaching, here we get a lot of fresh green vegetables and fresh fruits, that too protein salads are really helping me daily, keeping me very light and energetic...

I saw this Protein salad in one of the TV channels, I liked it. So, I jus tried at home... And now, regularly making and having it.

Ingredients:

Kabuli Channa
Black Channa  Moong Sprouts
Kidney beans or Rajma
Sweet corn
Skimmed Curd
Salt to taste
Freshly Crushed Pepper - as required.

Measurements: All in equal measures. I had 1 tbsp of each.

Method:

1. Soak all the Kabuli channa, Black channa, Kidney beans separately overnight.
2. Wash the moong and sack the moong in a muslin cloth and keep it in airtight container. So that it will be sprouted long the next morning.
3. Boil all the channas, kidney beans, in a pressure cooker. Boil the sweet corn separately.
4. Strain the water, mix all the boiled channas, kidney beans, sweet corn in a salad bowl.
5. Add skimmed curd, salt and crushed pepper. Mix well and serve.

You can have some moderation as well. I jus saw this recipe in Tv and shared here. I add grated carrot, grated cucmber, lettuce leaves, chopped onions, boiled and chopped potatoes, roasted peanuts and fresh lime juice to it and have. This gives extra nutrients and healthy too. This is a perfect protein salad and tummy filling recipe.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe Me...!

My Headlines

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Baby is 4

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers